02 April 2006

i am a fool

Even if real life is past April 1st, it still exists on the internet. I recently came across this post on a blog called I'm Just Sayin Is All... I was shocked to hear that Sufjan's next state is going to be Wisconsin. I quickly googled this and then tried to find proof or even something to prove it wrong. And then I came across this old quote from stereogum...

"I've been working on songs for Oregon and Rhode Island and New Jersey lately, just based on information I've read about their histories. And I'm solicited all the time by people who are proud of where they're from. Texas seems to be a favorite. Everyone's always asking, 'What are you going to do about Texas?' Like it's a big problem or something. People are like, 'What are you going to do, Sufjan? Someone's got to do something about Texas.' Like I'm suddenly responsible for that whole new empire down there."


It couldn't be true! He wasn't even considering Wisconsin in August! Then I listened to the song "Beddar Cheddar" linked on the post. Farts. 10 seconds of farts and laughter. That was all. Scrolling further, the comments section confirmed my belief that this was an entire sham. I am a fool.

These foolish games are tearing me apart,
Joe John

No comments: