06 February 2006

you were a child

EDIT: So I totally respected Sean from Said the Gramophone when he called me out on bad blog etiquette. But, uh, when their blog takes a jab at MGMT (The Management), they take a jab at Wesleyan. How can the writer of that post deny the greatness of "Kids"?...A song that brought together every person in the room for one perfect moment of dance. You could be at any party on campus, and this song would get everyone up to dance. Even the radical activists would put their picket signs down to dance to this song with the frat brothers and awkward froshies. Even the awkward froshie radical activist frat brothers would dance to this! I mean, "Time to Pretend" is good...but is not the only good song by MGMT.


The power of "Kids" may not extend beyond Wesleyan...but it will forever live in my heart. I know Guava's got my back on this one. Sorry, it's nothing personal. I really love your posts over there and appreciated the OneMusic version of "Heartbeats"...I just think your blog is wrong this time.

Only old man future knows the answers,
Joe John

4 comments:

Katey said...

Oh goodness... putting "Kids" out there for the judgment of the big, bad world is like watching a child leave home. You can only hope it does its best and plays nice on the playground. And of course "Kids" is the best song ever.

Sean said...

I feel compelled to point out that there are three authors at Said the Gramophone, and the post about MGMT was not by me...

goldblatt said...

AWKWARD!

adam said...

fuck! what the fuck, gramophone??