13 February 2006

our life on the d-list

My tip-off man and cat expert, Tom, just sent me a long New York Magazine article exploring the various different classes of blogging. The article discusses the concept of A-List bloggers such as gawker and what it takes to make it big in today's blogosphere. Essentially, it made me realize that totesumbrellas needs to kick it up a notch, Emeril style. BAM!

Blogs to Riches - The Haves and Have-Nots of the Blogging Boom

Speaking of D-List, can I give a shoutout to Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams of the now temporarily defunct Destiny's Child?

They're far from D-List though...I mean, Michelle is appearing on an episode of UPN's Half and Half. That is epic. Her role? "A hard-edged record executive who turns out to be HIV-positive." Well, thank you USA Today, for ruining the surprise. I was waiting for an Emmy-winning performance and a spin-off series called "HIV + HITS".

Kelly will be "turning the sass up" in an episode of Girlfriends, proving that she is cast in nothing but sassy roles. Don't believe me?

Kelly Rowland served the role of "sassy Black female friend" that Brandy did in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and Rah Digga did in Thirteen Ghosts. If Kelly wants a movie career, she's going to have to turn the sass WAY up if she wants to compete with hits like The Pink Panther or Carmen: A Hip-Hopera.

The two ladies discussed their feelings on Valentine's Day.

"Valentine's Day is for suckers!" Williams shouts.

"Yes, it is," echoes Rowland.
(sidenote: engagement to NFL-superstar Roy Williams ended last year around this season)

...You wouldn't be saying that if you were with Jigga.

Williams plans to stay home with her Yorkshire terrier, Jacquard. She teases: "I have a friend. If he wants to do something, I'd consider it. Put that in the paper!"

Sad Michelle, SAD. You could at least drop the name of a celebrity or something...so people will at least think you're hanging out with famous people. (sidenote: I love Michelle Williams. No hard feelings--- just in case she's reading this. MCWORLD!!!!! Hey, it could happen!)

Mary's got the same size hands as Marilyn Monroe,
Joe John

No comments: