16 December 2005

a lesson in blog etiquette

In the past 5 hours, totesumbrellas has simultaneously received some good blog lovin' and some shattering criticism.

First off, we got a link off of Yeti Don't Dance, mostly thanks to Holly's great find of the Jose Gonzalez Sony Bravia commercial.

Next, though, I got in trouble with two very popular mp3 blogs for directly linking to their shiz. I'm sorry Craig and Sean...I'm not quite up on the unwritten laws of blogging. In the future, I will be more considerate of your bandwidths.

What does this mean to you, our reader?

For you, you may just have to go through more than one link to download a song...not that big of a deal.

What does this mean for me?

I'm going to have to go back and alter some links that Said the Gramophone and songs: illinois provided...or pretty much any blog where I can recognize where the link is from.

Also...
Someone ::COadam?UGH:: needs to teach me how to post songs to my Wesleyan webspace. That way, I wouldn't have to bother stealing songs from other mp3 blogs.

Mama Told Me,
Joe John

No comments: