19 October 2005

feed the world

Check out the sweet music video for "Do They Know It's Halloween?" featuring the musical styles of Beck, Smoosh, Peaches, Feist, Karen O, Elvira, Devendra Banhart, members of Sum41, The Postal Service, Rilo Kiley, Sonic Youth, Wolf Parade, a whole shitload of other people, and a moment that will make Tom Martin cream his pants because of the cuteness. Also, catch this article on it...in case you missed it.

And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime
The greatest gift they'll get is life,
Joe John

3 comments:

Katey said...

I managed to pick out David Cross and Beck in that entire song... damn I'm uncool.

Was I completely wrong to read a political message into this? I mean, the whole American culture of fear? Maybe that's just me.

notjesslane said...

ELVIRA!!!!! Also, KRich, how could you not recognize the unmistakable child sounds of SMOOSH. This song is insanely long. Does anyone know at what point Devendra is in there? WHATEVS

sara walker said...

hi , i was jus wondering abt and got to see ur site ,i think its cool blog lols i wish i cud have ppl blogin on my blog too,well neways i think facebook has expired for me so check out me at xuqa.com its so cool
http://mercer.xuqa.com/profile.php?id=301583