12 April 2005

ooooooh, say it ain't so-oo

A sampling from President Bush's iPod; some songs were selected by Mark McKinnon, the chief media strategist in the 2004 campaign:
John Fogerty, "Centerfield"
Van Morrison, "New Biography," "Brown Eyed Girl"
John Hiatt, "Circle Back"
Alan Jackson
George Jones
Alejandro Escovedo, "Castanets"
Joni Mitchell, "(You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care"
The Gourds, "El Paso"
Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, "Swinging From the Chains of Love"
Stevie Ray Vaughan, "The House is Rockin'
James McMurtry, "Valley Road"
The Thrills, "Say It Ain't So"
The Knack, "My Sharona"


Clearly this dude planted these songs on Bush's iPod
in anticipation of the most important question there is: "what's on your ipod?" (this is where I would put a link to the advent of the term "playlistism" to convince myself that MTV2 really was biting my stizz with that stupid show, but it disappeared from the argus arhives!)

THE THRILLS? I do not believe it is possible that such a stupid, joyless man can enjoy the Thrills. Also, "My Sharona" is a dirty song about a little girl and now it will always remind me of an old white dude riding his bike around a ranch. And since it is 17 minutes long, we'll all have a lot of time to think about what we've done.

I'll let the boys take new music Tuesdays, but in the meantime watch this trailer. It's a documentary about urban kids training for a ballroom dancing competition. You guys have to help me fill the film board suggestion box with votes for "Mad Hot Ballroom."

This weekend is Wesfest, so I've got more people to take care of than your mom this week. Enjoy the festivities.

Last night I had 3 separate dreams wherein I got 3 separate housing lottery numbers,
kb

2 comments:

Katey Rich said...

Wow, describing a documentary about little kids dancing as a cross between Spellbound and Strictly Ballroom? Crazy!!

katie b said...

DO. I. SOUND. LIKE. A. MUSICAL. DANCER?

i only care about documentaries and rock movies anymore. shit.